Embedded systems, the purpose-built systems that encompass our world pose a threat to your data and infrastructure more than ever before. It seems that as Moore's law is proven time and time again, we as a society are seeing more and more embedded systems help us in our daily lives. Each time we use the computer on our home cable modem network, print an important document, or use a wireless network there is typically some kind of embedded system involved. These systems now represent the carriers of our data, from your computer to your online backing site, from the coffee shop network back to your corporate VPN. While embedded systems have made our lives easier, security is largely an afterthought. This presentation will take a look at common vulnerabilities in popular embedded systems that carry sensitive data every day.Paul is also giving training during the BruCON training sessions on 22&23 September: Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Techniquess Using Nessus. Have a look at our entire training sessions for other excellent education opportunities.
Keep tuned for more announcements. Don't forget, you can still submit to our Call for Participation till next week!!!
- Announcing 1st Workshop: Malicious PDF Analysis
- Announcing BruCON Training #5: Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Techniques Using Nessus by Paul Asadoorian (@pauldotcom)
- Announcing BruCON Training #4: Assessing and Exploiting Web Applications with Samurai-WTF
- Announcing BruCON Training #3: Social engineering (for pentesters)
- Announcing BruCON Training #2: A crash course in pentesting and securing VOIP networks
- Announcing BruCON Training #1: Pentesting High Security Environments