In 2013 we launched our first 5by5 program. We set aside 25,000 euros to sponsor independent research and contributions to the information security field and sponsored projects with a maximum of 5,000 euros. As BruCON we were very happy with the results and we hope the security community enjoyed this as well.
It was good. So good that for 2014 we will do it all over again. As of today we are launching our call for projects! Any project of an independent non-commercial nature will be considered for the 5by5 program and BruCON will work together with the participants to contribute to its success.
These are the rules for 5by5 2014:
- Submit a detailed description of your project, its goals and its milestones to email@example.com before January 1st 2014. You will be informed of acceptance before January 15th 2014.
- If your team includes more than 1 person, nominate a primary contact for 5by5 correspondence.
There are no limitations towards the projects. We accept new initiatives or projects that are already under development for a while. As long as it is relevant for the information security space we will add it to the list for consideration.
After acceptance, you will be assigned a 5by5 Mentor. This person will work with you to keep an eye on progress of the project, determine milestones and he/she will be your guide through the whole process.
From BruCON 5by5, you can expect :
- Project sponsorship/contribution up to 5,000eur
- Project mentorship by an experienced community member
- A venue to put your project in the spotlight at BruCON 2014 (travel+hotel covered by BruCON)
- Eternal gratitude from the information security community
We look forward to your submissions and another successful BruCON year!
The BruCON team